Monday, April 5, 2010

So light so early! Spring.

Was actually awake at 6am, but it seemed that it would be a mistake to actually get up that early. So, I dozed until 7:30, got up and went for my walk. In retrospect, because my walk takes almost an hour, it would be better to get up earlier and go for the walk, get it out of the way.

The WEATHER! It's so nice now! It's funny how to arrival of spring is a bit of a surprise. I mean, here I've been indoors all winter, taking my walk between my utility room to the kitchen sink and up the stairs and looping around again, feeling chilly the whole time. It's funny how it feels like suddenly, the air outside isn't cutting into my skin with a million tiny daggers the second I step outside.

It's also funny how the weather seems to change right after some big event, like a rainstorm and flood. Before the flood, it was cold. After the flood, it's warm. I suppose it sort of makes sense in a scientific way - weather fronts often bring some kind of tumultuous weather event as two air masses of different temperatures collide or move over a region.

Wanted to note a few things about Google Reader. I've been using it for a while now, and have blogs like Design*Sponge and ArchDaily, as well as some local and national news. It's really quite an excellent thing. It brings a certain milieu right to your desk, without much work. I think my earlier critique of it was the interface and relative paucity of personalization in the way the blogs are presented. This could still be improved, but I'm finding that the content greatly overshadows the formatting, fortunately for Google Reader. However, I'm not letting it go entirely. There ought to be a way to get an even cleaner interface, but with even more adjustability, per blog. Some blogs are picture blogs, some are text. You should be able to set a text blog up for optimal text reading, and the picture blog for optimal viewing of images. Perhaps some application that picks up the images out of the blog and higlights and magnifies (literally) those on your reader screen. To be able to have a flip feature would be even cooler. I should learn some animation program so I can illustrate what I'm trying to say here. But the parts are available in the world. They just haven't been strung together quite right yet.

OK, back to taxes. Almost done.

No comments:

Post a Comment