Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 24 - networking

Exercised roughly five minutes, maybe a hair more - walking around the house and up and down the stairs. Check!

So I got a call for a job interview. It's a contract position, but logistically, it works out much better than a few other offers, so it's fine with me. The call came through from a bit of networking I did back when I was first laid off, several months ago. So, it shows that networking pays off, whether in the near term or long, it's good to reach out and be in touch with people. Probably best to be in touch with people who have things you may want or need, but the whole point is, you never know who that's going to be, so everyone is a good contact.

Best of all, the call came at a time when I feel ready to go back to work. Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment