Wednesday, March 24, 2010

FAIL

For some peculiar reason, unknown at the moment, I stayed up until 1:45am last night playing sudoku online. Why?

1. Habit.
2. I was a little wired from having a pretty active day, and did not start the unwinding process early enough - was tired at 10pm, but stayed up because I was hyped up on doing my taxes. Obsessive brain needs an off switch.

Prevention?
Well, I think ultimately, it's the process of habit building. One mistake does not a habit make or break. So, we slough it off, get on with the day, and plan tonight to wind down early.

Some tips gleaned from various sources for winding down:

  1. write down your schedule for the next day
  2. take a warm shower before bed. Help set up good sleep body temperature.
  3. write down whatever might be bothering you (I don't think this one would work for me.)
  4. meditate.
  5. keep weekend and weekday wake times the same. Changing things on the weekends resets, or more correctly, upsets your internal clock.
  6. Dim the lights at least 30 minutes to bedtime. (Reading in dim light usually gets me. However, my obsessiveness doesn't enjoy reading stuff without getting engrossed. That's a cue to tell my obsessiveness to take a long walk off a short bridge.)
  7. white noise. Perhaps.

1 comment:

  1. writing a scheudle actually wakes me up mroe where Is tart worrying about what I didn't do today and then I get up and start doing more things.. so I wish that worked for me.
    I've been having huge problems sleeping.. I dont' know what I'm going to do about it.

    I've tried mediation it helps sometimes and not others don'tknow why really.
    probably 5 and 6 are the best for me, except my life doens't lend itself to 4 and 6 at the moment so I just suffer. It's making me nuts, but there has to be more answers.. well we'll see. hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete