Thursday, March 11, 2010

Quinoa with Sauce and more Cauliflower

Mmm!
Cooked some quinoa in the rice cooker - too much water, but that's ok.
Cooked a sauce this way: In a pan cooked olive oil, sauteeing garlic (2 cloves) and chopped fresh ginger (1 inch, peeled) until translucent. Added a squeeze of agave nectar, a squeeze of lime juice (one wedge), and dashed some salt.

When the quinoa was done, I put it in with the sauce and mixed it up. So tasty!

Meanwhile, in the toaster oven, I roasted cauliflower and chopped onion. I put the cauliflower on a sheet of aluminum foil, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled turmeric (anti-inflammatory) and galangal (not sure what this really does) and sea salt. It took about 30 minutes at 450 to cook, and the end result is what I have typically found of roasted cauliflower. OK, but not my favorite way to eat it. Well, at least I've tried it.

I ate the quinoa with the cauliflower and had a scrumptious repast this noon. !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment