Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 18 - nasal rinses and staying indoors

Did the requisite exercise, most of which felt good, but I'm definitely battling a few difficulties this morning, not the least being anxiety. Yuck. Exercise is good for that, so I will probably exercise a bit more later today.

It's snowing outside. Yuck.

Today is not an easy day to feel bright and cheerful. Excellent time to practice thankfulness. I am wicked thankful I've got some tasty food in the house and have various items and implements to make good food, so I won't have to go outside in the snow for a while. I'm grateful for the internet, yet again, so I don't have to go outside. I'm grateful for the phone, etc. again so I don't have to go outside my house...by the way, I hear Voice over IP services are going to skyrocket this coming decade, and wired communications are going to drop like lead weights. So, I'm grateful I'm not in either of those businesses. I'm grateful I am not stupid, therefore, I can figure out how to use AutoCAD and Revit, even though I don't particularly love doing so. And, today, I'm grateful for nasal rinses and clean air.

I will relay the story of yesterday's energy audit in dribbles. Today's dribble is that one of the two guys that came into my house to work on it was kind of stinky. This wasn't clearly noticeable at first, but as he went around the house checking on things and moving around, he got warmer, and hence sweatier. And I had asked both of them to take their shoes off inside the house - not a horribly unusual request, they themselves admitted. But the stinky one's feet were definitely stinky and by the looks of his socks, they weren't particularly clean...

So the guy is going around the house, and he starts doing the blower-door test to check for significant leaks through the house. They go around and find leaks by putting their hands against areas to see how much air flow is happening. In a couple of locations, it was significant. Blame the builders and the mice. OK, so they go around with caulk guns and foam, sealing around window edges, baseboard edges, etc. The guy is getting stinkier and stinkier. I can't make any judgements, but my sense is that he's a pot smoker, and the stink was pot smoke stink. He wasn't a bad person, nor was he in any way incompetent, nor did he seem offensive in any other way. He just smelled. And so, for the rest of the day, up until this morning, I've had this smell in my nose of sweaty, pot-smoking male. Not super pleasant.

Finally, I did a nasal rinse this morning and washed my hair. I think things are better. So, all you pot-smokers out there, please be considerate and when you go and sweat in someone else's house, please try to be clean and wear clean clothes, and consider not smoking pot for a few days before hand.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment