Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 21 - The Daily Show and Nerds

Exercised. Check. About 10 minutes, if you compact all of it together. Woke up feeling rather uncomfortable, and walking around and stretching helped. AND....

...watching the Daily Show with Bill Gates as special guest. I really don't presume to know what people in general think of Bill Gates, other than that he has a lot of money, but here's the thing for me...he Twitters (I don't), and he's a nerd, knows a ton, and because of where he is in life, he's a cute nerd. Hmm...that's the facts, I don't make them up, I just report them.

Anyway, Jon Stewart may be a different kind of nerd (maybe all successful people are nerds in some way, shape or form), and he is also charismatic. Put Jon Stewart and Bill Gates together, and you have some heartwarming stuff. I may be one of the few who thinks this. Oh well.

One particular exchange I loved in the segment was where JS says to Bill "you are twittering. When did you start twittering?!?" BG: "Last week!" (And he says this in such a cute, nerdy way - like a ten-year old who's been asked when did you get your new bike. And then JS askes some comic thing about if Bill can twitter with his mind... Bill Gates is a cute nerd. As a nerd, I'm glad he's there in the upper echelons of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment